ZERO WASTE STRATEGY FOR GOOD ENVIRONMENTAL STATUS BSB 257 - 88883 /02.08.2018 SKYPE MEETING 2 - MINUTES 11th January 2019 11:00 a.m. (local time)
Participants: Lead Beneficiary and Partners from Turkey-Georgia-Bulgaria-Ukraine TekirdağNamık Kemal University, Tekirdağ / Turkey International Association Civitas Georgica, Tbilisi / Georgia Tourism Development Council in Nessebar Municipality, Nessebar / Bulgaria Ukrainian Marine Environment Protection Association, Odessa / Ukraine Additional: The contractor for the position of Education Ecosystem Coordinator
A) Questions and Negotiations:
1) Marine Environmental Monitoring (Turkey): Prof. Dr. Lokman H. Tecer recommends all the partners to select their coastal area and start until the end of January, for marine litter monitoring,
2) Ukraine mentions that they are trying to select a more common beach but as an alternative, there is a cleaner beach as well.
3) Bulgaria mentions that almost all the beaches in the territory are under concession which means they are contracted with a private company. They have prepared a list of 6 beaches that are not rented although they are smaller in scale and relatively cleaner.
Question (Bulgaria): Do we have to do monitoring of one beach and do cleaning of another beach?
Answer (Turkey): We have to collect all of the litter. It will be the same beach both for monitoring and cleaning. The monitoring should be done four times a year, e.g. in January, April, August and in autumn.
4) Georgia asks to send all the methodology and e-mails to all Georgian team and personally to the Marine Coordinator. They mention that they will find the correct location very soon.
5) Turkey asks all partners to designate the beach before the end of January.
6) Turkey introduces the contractor for the position of the Ecosystem Education Coordinator.
7) After several questions about the education film; the decision is to get some videos but nt images which consist of how this ecosystem work there, in the partner’s beach. The video should not exceed 30 minutes. Each of the partners will be requested to do that. Ecosystem Education Coordinator is decided to send 21 topics in English.
8) Bulgaria asks about the detailed content. Answer is that every partner will choose country-based content.
9) Turkey asks for texts as well as videos. The texts in national languages should be translated into English by each partner before sending them to the lead.
10) Georgia mentions that a month is not enough for shooting the film and recommends sparing more time to shoot videos..
Turkey reminds that the contractor has todeliver the film on the web portal as well as for the computer game at the end of their 6-month-contract, which is the deadline for them.
B) Decisions: 1) The decision on videos is that two months are enough for sending the raw materials.The partner will shoot their videos and send them to the Ecosystem Education Coordinator.
2) The resolution of videos should be minimum1920 x 1080 pixels.
3) Ecosystem Education Programme should be completed in 6 months.
4) The next Skype Meeting will be on February 8, 2019 at 11:000 with Turkish local time.
5) The face-to-face project meeting will be held in Bulgaria at the beginning of April. Thus, Turkey (Ali SırrıÖren) informs they will Ask JTS to postpone the date to April.
MINUTES OF MEETING
Prof. Dr. Fatih KONUKÇU (NKU) Prof. Dr.LokmanHakan TECER (NKU) Ali Sırrı ÖREN (NKU) Kadriye ÇİL (NKU) Konstantin LEFTEROV (TDCNM) Sonya ENILOVA (TDCNM) Fani SEMERDZHIEVA (TDCNM) Mamuka GVILAVA (CIVITAS) Vladimir FILIN (UKRMEPA) Şemin Alp TUNCER (SUM)
Monthly Project Coordination Meeting – 2
NKU recommended all the partners to select a coastal area in their regions and conduct, until the end of January, a marine litter monitoring session. UKRMEPA mentioned that they are trying to select a more common beach but as an alternative, there is a cleaner beach as well. TDCNM mentioned that almost all the beaches in their territory are under concession which means they are contracted to a private company. They have prepared a list of 6 beaches that are not rented although they are smaller in scale and relatively cleaner. TDCNM asked if they have to do monitoring in one beach and do cleaning in another beach. NKU answered that,(1) they will have to collect all of the litter, (2)it will be the same beach both for monitoring and cleaning, and (3) monitoring should be done four times a year, e.g. in January, April, August and in autumn. CIVITAS asked all the methodology and the e-mails to be sent to all CIVITAS team and personally to the Marine Environment Coordinator. They mention that they will find the correct location very soon. NKU said that they should finalise selection process by the end of January.
NKU introduced representative of the Ecosystem Education Programme contractor SUM to the partners.SUM representative explained the format and technical requirements about the video filming (i.e. resolution should be min. 1920 x 1080 pixels) and said that it can be either 30 minutes long block filming or can it be 1-1.5 minutes long 21 different films like it is in existing EEP, from the ILMM-BSE project. SUM representative asked partners to start shooting their videos specific to their regions and said that he was going to send them titles of 21 video shots of existing EEP of the ILMM-BSE project, in English. He also said that they should start sending them the first samples of their videos so that they can assist them on the quality and possible ways of improving their videos shooting methods. SUM representative also mentioned that they should finalise video shooting min. 2-3 months before Junewhen SUM finishes the production phase of the education sets, which is by the end of March, latest, to allow them for enough time for finetuning of videos sent by partners.
The date for the first event in Bulgaria has been discussed and TDCNM has mentioned that it should take place in April due to bad weather conditions in February. It has been decided that NKU will ask JTS whether a notification is needed for this postponement and that, depending on JTS’ reply, TDCNM will go ahead with necessary arrangements, accordingly.
Date for the next PCU meeting over Skype has been discussed and the date for the next meeting has been set to 08/02/2019, on Friday, at 11:00 am, Turkish time.